Tai, I did find that switching from arcMediaPro to VPlayer solved the problem. Funny, because arcMediaPro does work fine with other O'Reilly videos. I think that video playback on the Android platform still tends to be a little "glitchy". Sometimes the apps will hang up or get stuck generating the list of media on my SD card. (I have the Strata 2011 conference videos on my SD card with is about 53 hours broken into 90 titles). It may be that developers are not testing their software in very challenging situations.
Anyway, since I got the content to play in another video player, we can close this issue. I am enjoying the convenience of using my phone to learn from O'Reilly videos.